Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Harley Quinn & the Joker = 'Relationship Goals'?! (or 'Why Harley and Joker aren't 'relationship goals' and which couple makes better 'relationship goals' in my opinion')

Hey everyone!
So, if you couldn't tell by the title of this post, I'm going to be discussing this nonsense that's been going around the internet for a little while now. 

So, ever since 'Suicide Squad', there's been a lot of talk about how Harley and Joker are 'relationship goals'. Look, the Joker is both physically and mentally abusive towards Harley in pretty much everything they're in be it the comics, the animated series or films. Do you really want your 'relationship goals' to be based off a abusive relationship? I know I wouldn't. 


If you ask me, I think everybody's 'relationship goals' should pretty much be Simba and Nala from The Lion King (or Morticia and Gomez from The Addams Family, or even Kovu and Kiara from The Lion King II: Simba's Pride, but I'm not talking about them right now; my focus is on Simba and Nala). Now, you're probably asking: 
"Gee Serena, why do you say that they should be considered real 'relationship goals'?" Well, I'm going to tell you why: 

Let's start in the The Lion King. First off, when Simba and Nala are cornered by the hyenas at the Elephant Graveyard, notice how Simba has 'rescued' Nala a couple times from the hyenas. Then, when the two friends are once again reunited as adults, Simba is hesitant to return to the Pridelands, and he (in my opinion at least) acts a bit childish during their discussion, but it's extremely evident that she cares deeply for him, and realizes that they're both a little upset in that moment and leaves him to re-gather his thoughts. (again, just my opinion and personal interpretation of the whole thing) Also, when Simba returns to the Pridelands to confront Scar, Nala follows him and even tells him she'll help fight for their home. On top of that, even after Simba 'confessed' that it was his 'fault' that Mufasa was dead, Nala is still concerned for him when fire strikes the dry grass below the tip of Pride rock, and he's dangling at the edge. To me, that shows that Nala loves him regardless of his past sins (which weren't even his, plus he did say 'it was an accident' during that scene, plus I don't Nala would believe that Simba is a cold-hearted murderer who killed his own father). And if the rest of the movie isn't an indication of how much she cares for him (and he for her), than I don't know what is.

Now, if you look in The Lion King II: Simba's Pride, you'll notice that Simba was a real douche throughout almost the entire film (again, all in my opinion, but I think some people will agree with me here), and Nala is there and puts up with all the crap Simba's doing during the movie. In example, at almost the very beginning, Simba is worrying about Kiara's safety, and Nala's there to remind him that he was exactly the same (if not worse) when he was a cub. To me, this proves that Nala isn't afraid to be honest with Simba and point out when he's being somewhat unreasonable. During most of the film, Simba acts very harshly towards Kovu, even more so when he starts spending more time with Kiara, and Nala tries to convince him to get to know the young lion instead. Also, near the end of the movie when Zira and Kiara go tumbling down the edge of a cliff, Simba goes after them in attempt to help them. At that moment, the dam holding back the water from the river breaks and Nala immediately warns Simba, another sign that she truly does care about Simba in my opinion. Plus, they've nuzzled each other multiple times in the movie (I've counted about 6 or 7 times, but I could be wrong!). 
It's obvious that Simba and Nala care for each other a lot and have a pretty healthy relationship. So, why make your 'relationship goals' an abusive relationship when you could aim for a relationship where you understand the need for personal time, where you are supportive of your partner and they're supportive towards you, and where you and your partner are able to keep each other in check when needed? 

- SerenaTheMoonPony 

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, I just love to watch those pictures it's really amazing. These is also some amazing Halloween images. I hope you guys will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, i am from USA, I want to share this great testimony about how Dr.Agbazara helped me bring back my ex lover, During my search for solution i came in contact with Dr.Agbazara details and through his help my lover came back to me within 48 hours. So with these i am so bold to advise anyone seeking for a way to get there lover back to contact Dr.Agbazara on WhatsApp: { +2348104102662 } or via email at: { agbazara@gmail.com } I am so happy at least myself and my lover are back to each other again and going to spend the New Year celebration together Thank to Dr.Agbazara once again....

    ReplyDelete